By developing international volunteering, we aim to:
- Work towards a society of justice, peace and solidarity.
- Break cultural misunderstanding between people and nations.
- Improve local and global environment, provide informal education, help to reduce poverty and strengthen human rights
- Encourage young people to participate actively in the society in which they live.
SJ Vietnam organizes workcamps, groupcamps and long-term projects. Moreover we coordinate actions based on social integration, training activities and international solidarity.
All volunteers, both Vietnamese and international, are warmly welcomed to join and participate in the projects provided by SJ Vietnam. Furthermore, Vietnamese volunteers are sent abroad to participate in volunteering projects of partner organizations all over the world.
Long-term Volunteer Projects
Long-term projects (from 1 to 12 months) are organized in Ha Noi, Hai Duong, Nam Dinh in a range of positions including website management, office work, teaching, environmental and social work to support sustainable development. Long-term volunteers live and work like local people. In 2009, SJ Vietnam started to host EVS (European Voluntary Service) volunteers.
Training courses, seminars and conferences
SJ Vietnam organizes regular workshops, seminars, conferences and training for its members or for active volunteer members of a partner organization abroad. These training sessions provide knowledge to young volunteers about conflict management, leadership, intercultural learning and volunteering skills, sexual health, etc.
Sending Vietnamese volunteers abroad
Through a network of international partners, SJ Vietnam offers Vietnamese volunteers chances to join workcamps and LTV projects abroad. SJ Vietnam is the only sending organization in Vietnam.
ANNUAL BUDGET ALLOCATION
- Office and Administration : 20 %
- Local staff salaries : 7 %
- Staff travel costs (international meeting): 1 %
- Administration (office): 12.68 %
- Capital equipment: 0.41%
- Projects: 41 %
- Fisher Village (youth house, water filter, school, ..): 14 %
- Other projects (blind school, paediatric hospital, ..) : 10 %
- Project material : 7.77 %
- Training (workcamp leaders, volunteers, …): 10 %
- Volunteers : 29 %
- Food and accomodations (international volunteers): 25.96 %
- Local transports :3.03 %
- Contingency : 10 %